Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stewardship

As Christians, we are God's stewards here on earth.  We are responsible for those things which He has entrusted us with.  When I think of being a good steward, my mind usually goes straight to financial things like spending money wisely, saving, etc.  But if you think about it, money is not the only thing that God has entrusted us with!  God opened my eyes that He has entrusted me with my husband and my kids as well.  I know that may sound obvious, but I never looked at stewardship in that light before!

No one else can be a wife to my husband...that's MY job.  No one else can be a mother to my kids...that's MY job.  God specifically gave these jobs to me, and it is my responsibility to see that I do them to the best of my ability.  I am God's trusted steward for my family...and so are you for yours!  

No two families are the same!  In my case, I have one biological daughter and then I also have stepchildren.  God showed me that they are ALL my kids because He chose to entrust all of them to me in some way or another.  Therefore, I am responsible for their hearts, minds and lives on some level.  That is an awesome responsibility!

I pray that God specifically shows you what He has entrusted you with, and I pray that we all will be GREAT stewards with what He has given us!

4 comments:

Insight said...

Go ahead Mrs. Mynista! Awesome. I appreciate the wisdom. Big ups to My Mynista family... Your brother Point5

Anonymous said...

Your right on point! We must be good stewards of our talents...being aware of how the Holy Spirit has gifted us for the good works God predestined us to do! May God continue to open your eyes to His calling for your gifts in His kingdom building plan! (1)~~ DJ G

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! This kinda reminds me of what was studying today about the Proverbs 31 woman. I know we all wanna be that woman but until we obtain full knowledge of what it means, how can we be her. It's kinda like clothing ourselves in the dark. Anyway, this was a valid point that went with what I was studying today so it's well appreciated. Go "head" gurl- Quaylia

What Should I Do said...

Nice post i am so inspired here could you more share here? i will be back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing..




how do i change my life